This coming week is Shannon from leaninglights’ readathon #TBRTakedown 3.0, which runs from 4th at 12:00 AM to 10th at 11:59 PM. I’m optimistic for the first readathon of the year as, hopefully, this will kick off my 2016 reading since I’ve been lingering with The Hero of Ages for what feels like forever. As seen in Shannon’s announcement video, there are some suggested challenges for the readathon and I’ll be giving them a go but undoubtedly I’ll deviate from this TBR halfway through because I’ve never been very good at sticking to plans and to-do lists, as much as I enjoy making them! But here are my hopeful picks for each of the challenges:
- Book from most recent haul – The Wicked + the Divine Volume 1 by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
- Book on TBR shelf for a year or more – A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- Book outside comfort zone – The Wicked + the Divine by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
- First book in a series – A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- Complete/continue a series – The Elite by Kiera Cass (or, if I haven’t finished it by the time the readathon starts, the remainder of The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson)
- Fire coloured book (red, pink, purple, lilac, burgundy) – Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Non-novel item (poem, novella, play) – Very Good Lives by JK Rowling or Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
So, if all goes well and I somehow manage to stick to this, I’ll have finished the week having read 5 books – The Wicked + the Divine Volume 1, A Thousand Pieces of You, The Elite, Big Magic, and Very Good Lives. I’m most doubtful about The Elite since it has been probably a year since I read the first book, The Selection, so I’m not entirely sure I’ll remember what happened and who everyone is, but we’ll see! The rest should be very do-able and I’m looking forward to all of them, especially A Thousand Pieces of You since I’m curious to find out if the story is as lovely as the cover itself.
So all that remains is for me to wait for midnight and then get reading. I think I’ll probably be stalking the readathon hashtag via Twitter and Instagram and updating throughout on the former. Anyone else participating? Do you have TBR posts yourself? Link me below if so, I’d love to see what others are reading and cheer on others with their reading.