Bout of Books 22 | Sign Up & TBR

Oh, look, Emma is back armed with nothing but good intentions and a TBR to foolishly try to participate in yet another readathon even though she kind of sucks at them in terms of productivity! Yep, it’s time for another round of Bout of Books, everyone’s favourite low-key readathon!

For those unaware of the delight that is the Bout of Books readathon, the organisers have a handy blurb available to clue you in:

bob22The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 14th and runs through Sunday, May 20th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 22 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team

So this coming week I will be participating in Bout of Books 22 to the best of my ability. I don’t have too much planned, aside from going to see a comedy gig on Friday night, so I should be able to get some much-needed reading time in after work and (especially) at the weekend. Often with Bout of Books, I end up being really quite overly ambitious with my TBR (for proof: see my previous Bout of Books Sign Up & TBR), and my May TBR is pretty damn optimistic already, so I have tried to be conservative and realistic with what I can achieve this time round when constructing my TBR for the readathon. Without further ado, let’s take a look at it…

TBR

  1. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (eARC)
    This one is released on 17th May so I really would like to read and review it before then. Is that too ambitious? Probably. Am I going to try anyway? You betcha! (I’m a cheat because I’ve already started this book and am about 30% of the way into it. I highly doubt I will finish the other 70% of it this weekend though so this book is highly likely to be my priority to finish off during the week of Bout of Books.)
  2. The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
    This book is the Crone Bloggers Book Club pick for this month. It’s a YA contemporary and, truth be told, despite the fact I keep seeing it everywhere on Twitter, I might not have picked it up if I hadn’t been keen to join in more with the Book Club than I have previously. Still, I know this will be a quick read, and there’s a Twitter chat organised with the author on Sunday 20th so Bout of Books is nothing if not perfect timing to get this one read!
  3. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
    I somehow have still not actually finished reading this, despite the fact I’ve been allegedly “currently reading” it for a good month (at least), and I’m still only about a third of the way through what is already a short book. All in all, there’s probably about 140 pages left to read. Should I just restart it? Maybe. Will I? Only time will tell. Either way I’m going to try to finish it, one way or another, during Bout of Books.

There we have it, there’s my TBR for the readathon ahead. It’s possibly still a little ambitious for me given the pace (or lack thereof) at which I’ve been reading lately. But I’m going to try nevertheless! Watch this space and maybe keep updated via my updates thread on Twitter

Are you participating in Bout of Books next week? Are you a seasoned Bout of Book-er or is it your first readathon? Let’s cheer each other on! Or, if you’re not participating, what are you planning to read next? Let me know in the comments and let’s chat books and reading.


GoodreadsTwitterInstagram

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.